FIX – Can’t See Files With Changed Ownership in New Google Drive
The new Google Drive interface has some frustrating bugs. One of them is that if a file or folder is transferred into your ownership, it won’t show up in your Google Drive online interface.
I recently transferred ownership to a new Google Drive account and couldn’t find the file folder anywhere! This is a scary scenario if you use Google Drive for work purposes, which we do.
The good news is that there’s a workaround. Two actually.
Option 1: Change back to the old Google Drive interface
- Revert to the ‘Classic’ Google Drive, and select ‘More’ then ‘All Items’ in the left hand side menu.
- A problem with this is that sometimes the new Google Drive interface simply reloads, which is frustrating.
Option 2: Send a sharable link, then select the ‘Add to Drive’ button
- Navigate to the file or folder you would like to make visible
- Right click > Share > Get shareable link. Send this link to the person or account you’d like to make the file or folder viewable for.
- When the link is opened, a button ‘Add to Drive’ should appear in the top right hand corner. Click it.
The Drive file and folder should now be visible.
Hope this helps!
Co-Founder and Director
Helping you navigate and leverage the world's most powerful digital marketing channels.