Content & Social Media Manager Job
Location: Sydney, Australia
Reef Digital Agency is looking for a content and social media manager to join our Sydney-based Digital Marketing team.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone both creative and highly literate to work with one of Australia’s fastest-growing digital marketing and advertising agencies, work alongside some of the best and become one of the thought leaders in a promising and exciting industry.
This role focuses on content writing/marketing and social media management but will also involve blogger and influencer outreach activities with a chance to learn more about the greater digital marketing landscape.
To be successful in this role, you will have an editorial background, a genuine passion for writing with a natural ability to adapt your tone and writing style to different audiences and ideally some experience with social media management.
Some examples of topics you may write and post about are: lifestyle, home and garden, travel and various business/corporate related topics. The audiences can vary greatly in demographics and psycho-graphics so you need to be able to adapt your writing style to meet these needs and keep the audience engaged.
You will be good at managing multiple projects, tasks and deadlines and are not afraid of learning a new set of skills.
In addition to editorial skills, our successful candidate and future team member may be offered to liaise directly with clients and other stakeholders. Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal, are therefore required.
What will you do?
- Research content ideas and topics to write about which fit within a given brief
- Write quality and engaging content for our clients’ websites and social channels
- Work with the greater team to learn how to create the client’s effective content and social strategies, ultimately improving their online reach, visibility and readership
- Assist with Reef Digital’s own content marketing strategy, on the agency blog, EDM, YouTube and social channels
- Source and engage with relevant bloggers to collaborate with
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive salary with potential to progress your career in a fast growing agency
- Be part of the creative-side of an often ‘technology-centric’ industry. Did you know that content marketing was also the fastest growing sub-segment of this industry?
- Work with a large variety of Australian and International brands
- Unique and flexible work conditions in both location and time.
Want to work 3 days per week? Fine. 5 days? Fine too!
Want to work from your beach house every now and then? Absolutely!
- Training and mentorship by experienced senior members of the team and company directors. Learn how to create multi-channel digital marketing strategies
- A great team and fantastic working environment – Monday breakfast and Friday drinks courtesy of Reef as well as poker nights, meals and drinks out of the office, go-karting… just to name a few of the social activities we enjoy!
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong content writing experience, either through editorial, literature, journalistic studies, or personal experience (through blogging for example)
- You understand how to adjust your tone of voice and writing style based on the audience
- You are driven, curious, keen to learn and positive
- You have a certain attention-to-detail, and perhaps consider yourself the Grammar Police when proofreading your content
- Having some level of understanding of basic Search Engine Optimisation and Social Media Marketing is a plus, although not required
- If you have your own blog (fantastic!) or numerous examples of your work published online or even in print would be ideal although not specifically required
- A genuine passion for writing
If this all sounds good so far and you think you are a great fit for this role then say hello!
Ready to Apply?
PS: Do not hesitate to share examples/links to some of your writing.